Bridging A (class WA) visa is a type of visa held whilst waiting for the visa application to be processed.  Bridging visa is a temporary visa and it is granted if one lodges application in Australia for the new substantive visa while the applicant holds the current substantive visa. Bridging A (class WA) visa allows the applicant to stay lawfully in Australia after the expiry of the substantive visa and when the new substantive visa is processed.  After the substantive visa ends, the applicant is bound to comply with the conditions in the bridging visa.  The bridging visa does not allow someone to return to Australia if he leaves. One needs a bridging visa if the substantive visa ends. If you live in Australia without a visa, you become unlawful non-citizen.  The bridging visas are not charged and anyone applying for BVA must be in Australia during the time when the visa is lodged and granted. The BVA ends immediately you have issued a substantive visa that you applied for, and you have issued another bridging visa in relation to substantive visa, and you leave Australia while the BVA is in effect or when we either cancel BVA or substantive visa. If both you and the family applied for the substantive visa together, you might also be required to apply BVA together but each member must meet the BVA requirements.  Bridging visa is valid for 28 days after the decision is made of the main visa application. Employers are advised to check carefully the work conditions on the bridging visa as the visa holders mostly do not have the full work rights. Bridging visa A has the same work rights as the visa held at the time of the application.  However, sometimes BVA has unlimited work rights.  The applicant must follow the Australian laws and visa conditions when applying BVA.

Order Now