1. With advances in DNA use, it may be possible to effectively solve crime by requiring the submission of DNA samples at birth for inclusion in a national DNA database. What do you think of this idea? What potential civil liberty violations exist with the implementation of such a program?
2. If DNA was mandatory for everyone, Is there a valid fear that if DNA gets into the wrong hands that it could result in many people being framed for crimes that they did not commit? Why or why not
3. On the topic of 4th amendment, do you believe that NC is violating an offender’s 4th amendment right? Why or why not?
4. Does requiring DNA for everyone mean that the United States would be moving more towards Socialism? Why or why not?
5. Would you consider probation/parole officers in the same class as a police officer? Is it important that the probation officers have the same resources as a police officer or deputy
6. Can you come up with some technological advancements that have either been proven to be, or that you feel are infringements on our rights?
7. In your opinion, what are some technological advances that have improved the criminal justice system