The inmate who has been incarcerated continues to engage in risky behavior that is likely to lead to recidivism once released. He has had several rule infractions and several stays in solitary confinement. His case manager has decided to reevaluate his case plan and make changes. The goal is to get him involved with additional programming that will engage him, in hopes that he will essentially be a lower risk to the community after release.
The case manager has decided to look at evidence-based practices and empirical research to develop a program that is designed for violent offenders. The case manager plans on presenting the program to the warden for approval.
Discuss what this program may be like.
– He has shown violent tendencies.
– He continues to violate rules.
– He has been unresponsive in group therapy.
– He has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
– He was molested by his father as a child.