Please write 200 words or more and use APA style for any references.
1. What are the jurisdictional requirements for filing lawsuits in federal and state courts?
2. List and define several approaches to constitutional interpretation. Discuss the pros and cons of the Supreme Court being the chief, if not the only, expositor of the Constitution and its interpretation. What types of constitutional interpretation were used in Scott v. Sandford? In Marbury v. Madison?
3. In the case where federal courts would appear to have jurisdiction, one or more requirements may prevent a federal court from accepting and deciding a case. Summarize the Ashwander rules that outline these requirements. What must exist in order for a federal court to accept jurisdiction?
4. Outline and explain the steps for understanding and analyzing a case. What elements are essential to creating a thorough analysis? How does each element help the Supreme Court justices focus on the information that is most relevant to the case?
5. Discuss the facts and issues in Marbury v. Madison (1803). Then, explain and evaluate Chief Justice John Marshall’s reasoning in support of the Supreme Court’s assumption of the power of judicial review in Marbury v. Madison. Discuss the doctrine of judicial review (in this case and also in principle).