While incarcerated, an incarcerated offender disobeyed the rules by fighting with other inmates. As a result of the rule infraction, he was placed in solitary confinement for a period of 10 days. During incarceration, he has decided to become a jail house attorney. He has been in the law library daily learning his rights. In the hearing, he blurted out that this was an infringement on his Eighth Amendment right.
1. Was this an infringement on his Eighth Amendment right?
2. What are the rules of solitary confinement use? Research Florida’s and explain.
3. Develop a policy that specifically addresses the use of solitary confinement.
– What are the components of your policy?
– Why will your policy be effective?
– What would be the most significant challenges in implementing your policy?.